Dead pola 100, can somebody help me?

Discussions on the Polaroid® type 80 and 100 with the famous 100-230-250-350 ... and Pro 180, 185, 190 and 195, ProPack, Automatic, Colorpack, The Reporter, 20-30 Instant ...
IvanMonsterKa
P.......
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Dead pola 100, can somebody help me?

Messagepar IvanMonsterKa » lun. 23 décembre 2013 / 20:29 pm

I bought an polaroid 100 yesterday, the man who sold it to me said that it worked and all that stuff, I tested the camera some hours ago, but it's dead... :cry: There is any option to bring it back to life?, can the shutter assembly from another packfilm like 420, 104 or 320 being used as replacement part?
In a digital era, instant photos are pure and real instant memories

jonrev
Pol.....

Messagepar jonrev » mar. 24 décembre 2013 / 04:02 am

Dead as-in all-black exposures? Has a battery conversion been done?

IvanMonsterKa
P.......

Messagepar IvanMonsterKa » mar. 24 décembre 2013 / 16:32 pm

I'm afraid, yes, no double click, I tested it with 3 AAA batteries, but nothing works :cry: that's why I'm asking about the shutter assembly, you knows if that can works?

jonrev
Pol.....

Messagepar jonrev » mer. 25 décembre 2013 / 00:50 am

Swapping shutter assemblies might work, but you could also have bad wiring from battery corrosion, or a broken wire in the shutter housing. How did you test with the AAA batteries? Have you soldered in a holder, or did you just test by holding the wires at the original terminals? Sometimes it takes hitting a "sweet spot" for the camera to see voltage, that way.

IvanMonsterKa
P.......

Messagepar IvanMonsterKa » jeu. 26 décembre 2013 / 06:57 am

mmmm... Good point, the original cables where corroded (all the copper was green) and the black cable broke up, and I did not tested it with a holder, I just wired the 3 batteries together, maybe I must buy a holder and try with new cables, I dismantle the front of the camera to have acces to the shutter assembly and find the spots where the cables was soldered, and after give it power with the wired batteries but It didn't work... I'll try with new spare parts before think in buy an another one, I'm thinking over that the shutter assembly of the plastic cameras may not be the same, because those kind of cameras don't have diaphragm selector, the blue one in the lower part of the front end, it would be easy solder a new electric eye?

jonrev
Pol.....

Messagepar jonrev » jeu. 26 décembre 2013 / 07:46 am

Pick up a battery holder (4x AAA with one of the springs jumped to complete the circuit with 3 cells), and test at these points:

If still no luck, you probably have a goose chase somewhere between there and the shutter assembly.

I just dissected a 100 yesterday (and f**ked up reassembly so now I have a donor for a manual lens conversion) and would NOT advise trying to swap electric eye components - they are connected by a paper-like ribbon wire.

Revenir vers « Polaroid® Type 100/80 Cameras »