AutoFocus 5000 problem, doesn't take picture

Discussions on the SX-70 and the entire series 500, 1000, 2000 ...
jtlns
P.......

AutoFocus 5000 problem, doesn't take picture

Messagepar jtlns » sam. 22 novembre 2014 / 13:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Polaroid PolaSonic AutoFocus 5000, it's this one: http://www.polaroid-passion.com/apparei ... .php?id=79

When I put in the film (Impssible Project), the camera ejects the first slide and appears to be working. But I can't get it to take a picture. When autofocus is on, pressing the shutter button a bit makes the lens move (so I guess it's autofocussing). But when I press the shutter completely, nothing happens. When autofocus is turned off, semi-pressing the shutter button will have the camera a light click. But once again, pressing the shutter completely, doesn't do anything.

I can't see the shutter opening, so I guess the camera is really not taking a picture. FYI, when I semi-press the shutter button, the red LED under the viewfinder turns red.

Anyone has any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!!
Jan

Question1
P.......

Messagepar Question1 » lun. 14 janvier 2019 / 19:49 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it? I removed the Mylar film curtain but it did not help. Does anybody have an idea what I would try our else?

scaf
Polaroid The Reporter
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Messagepar scaf » mar. 15 janvier 2019 / 19:49 pm

Hi,

The LED under the viewfinder turns red in low light conditions.

How old is your Impossible Project film ? Maybe the battery is too weak (I doubt that)?
The battery connexions in the camera can have oxyde on them. To remove it, I slide the pack in and out several times (without closing the trapdoor).
Be careful : you have to remove the pack in total darkness otherwise you'll lose the upper film. When the pack is removed put the darkslide back to protect the upper film. Then you can turn on the light.

If this doesn't solve your problem, the shutter button can be the reason.
'Faut bien secouer l'pola sinon l'image, elle reste en bas

Convention de nommage de photos argentiques numérisées

Que se passe t'il pour la grenouille qui veut se rendre aussi grosse que le bœuf ?
Elle éclate.
C'est joli, mais pas très efficace.

Revenir vers « Polaroid® SX-70 & 1000, 2000... Land Camera »