SX-70, I need advices in shooting with SX-70

Discussions on the SX-70 and the entire series 500, 1000, 2000 ...
polaroidfan
P.......

SX-70, I need advices in shooting with SX-70

Postby polaroidfan » Mon 15 October 2018 / 11:11 am

Hi,

I need advices from experienced users of SX-70 on how to shoot with SX-70 and Polaroid Originals SX-70 160 ASA film.
I read everything in internet including all manuals old one and new one made by Polaroid Originals.
I still can't understand how to use properly the focus and exposure:
- the focus is great feature, but what happens if I don't want to put the focus on some particular place.I mean, when I shoot with OneStep+ I don't set the focus and all the picture is nice.
- regarding the exposure, in order to compensate the difference between old 100 ASA film and the new 160 ASA film, P.Originals recommend in bright day to set 1/3 toward dark. It's hard to judge wether is bright day or regular day. In MINT website they recommend for regular day to set the exposure in the middle.
Last edited by polaroidfan on Mon 15 October 2018 / 19:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeNavy
Polaro..
Flickr: MikeNavy
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Postby MikeNavy » Mon 15 October 2018 / 12:30 pm

Hi,
On OneStep+ the lens has two positions: close and far. With SX70 you do need to set the focus, it is not the same kind of lens.
Concerning the film ISO compensation, it has no importance: you can choose 1/3 or 1/2 as you want, the difference is 1/6 of EV (exposure value), and you probably won't notice it (EV difference is too small to be perceived when looking at photos).
Cordialement,
MikeNavy

Instantané : Nikkorstax Wide, Lomo Instant Wide
3D Stéréoscopique : Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3, séparateur à miroirs, plateau coulissant

polaroidfan
P.......

Postby polaroidfan » Mon 15 October 2018 / 19:29 pm

Hi, thank you for your answer.I do notice the difference in some pictures.The sharpness and the colours of the SX-70 film look different.

Return to “Polaroid® SX-70 & 1000, 2000... Land Camera”