Mamiya RB67 and polaroid back.

Discussions on the Polaroid® back : Holga (Holgaroid), Hasselblad, Mamiya ...
solidstateirons
P.......

Mamiya RB67 and polaroid back.

Messagepar solidstateirons » jeu. 21 mars 2013 / 16:42 pm

Hello,

I have been looking everywhere about polaroid backs and this issue Im going thru with my polaroid back.

I recently bought this polaroid back for my mamiya RB67 and everytime I take a picture, there is a black bar on the side of the image and I have to trim that along with the opposite border. I honestly HATE doing that.

I have seen a lot of polaroid images taken with the mamiya RB67 and a polaroid back and the images look right in the center with two black bars on the sides. I would love to know how can that be done or how does that work.

I understand with the mamiya i am not going to be able to fill the full frame of a polaroid but i would rather keep the image centered with the two bars on the sides instead of trimming the frame because I have a big black bar on one side.

PLEASEEE SOME HELPPP!!!!
Jorge A. Mendez

klaxamer
Polaroid 180
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Messagepar klaxamer » jeu. 21 mars 2013 / 19:11 pm

Maybe it's the M80 holder (this one for Pack 80) ??

Jeantoto
Polaroid 110A Pathfinder

Messagepar Jeantoto » jeu. 21 mars 2013 / 20:07 pm

it seems there are two types of backs for rb67. The NPC with one bar on a side and the polaroid with two bars.
The polaroid back is in fact a mamiya universal back and a dedicated adapter (P adapter).

solidstateirons
P.......

Messagepar solidstateirons » ven. 22 mars 2013 / 00:30 am

Jeantoto a écrit :it seems there are two types of backs for rb67. The NPC with one bar on a side and the polaroid with two bars.
The polaroid back is in fact a mamiya universal back and a dedicated adapter (P adapter).

This is the polaroid back I have. I dont know if its an npc back. I cant really tell.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/sho ... 0&format=0

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/sho ... 0&format=0
Jorge A. Mendez

sfoonsfo
P.......

RB67 Polaroid Back

Messagepar sfoonsfo » ven. 22 mars 2013 / 01:37 am

The NPC has the single bar - which I too really don't like. The one where there are two even spaced black bars are the actual Mamiya Polaroid Back. You can tell the difference because the Mamiya version has the dark slide coming from the bottom versus from the left side on the NPC.

I have been looking for the Mamiya version but either is priced too high or cannot be found.

Hope this helps !!

solidstateirons
P.......

Re: RB67 Polaroid Back

Messagepar solidstateirons » ven. 22 mars 2013 / 01:46 am

sfoonsfo a écrit :The NPC has the single bar - which I too really don't like. The one where there are two even spaced black bars are the actual Mamiya Polaroid Back. You can tell the difference because the Mamiya version has the dark slide coming from the bottom versus from the left side on the NPC.

I have been looking for the Mamiya version but either is priced too high or cannot be found.

Hope this helps !!

Then I have the NPC polaroid back. I just unscrewed everything and glued everything so I can have a centered frame but I have some light leaks. As of right now the two bars are showing perfect but the light leaks are bad. I will look for a black glue or something to patch the leaks. Hope it works. I will look for the actual mamiya polaroid back.

Do you have any pictures of what the original polaroid back looks like?
Jorge A. Mendez

sfoonsfo
P.......

RB67 Polaroid Back

Messagepar sfoonsfo » ven. 22 mars 2013 / 07:06 am

Do a search out on the web for a Mamiya 301-300. I had refurbish the two NPC backs that I got (one for color film, the other for black and white).
I played with the mounting screws on one of them and it stopped my light leaks.

The other back, I used the felt with adhesive backing (the same item you would use when you re-do the seals on a camera. It took care of my light leak.

Here's a tip..... it will cost you a little bit of film.

1. With the back mounted on the camera and the dark slide in. Take a bright light and shine it all around the sides of the back. Pull out the film, wait the few seconds and then peel. If the print is all black, you will know that the back is nice and tight.

2. Same as step 1 but pull out the dark slide. When you look at the print, you will most likely see the light leaks. Remember, the leak at the top of the print means it's leaking from the bottom.

3. Use the felt and place it around the area where the light is leaking and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

adolfainsley8
P.......

Messagepar adolfainsley8 » lun. 25 avril 2016 / 13:49 pm

he polaroid back is in fact a mamiya universal back and a dedicated adapter (P adapter)????

Revenir vers « Polaroid® back »