doubt about 664 film availability in Europe

Discussions on the Polaroid® and Fujifilm instant film: 600 film - SX 70 film - PX 100 and PX 600 - Image/Spectra, Type 100, Type 80, 4x5 Inch, 8x10 Inch, I-Zone, Instax ...
IvanMonsterKa
P.......
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

doubt about 664 film availability in Europe

Messagepar IvanMonsterKa » mar. 29 janvier 2013 / 07:35 am

I'm just curious about availability of this film in places like france, spain, and Belgium, I'm receiving some PMs from people living in this places asking about fresh film for their pack cameras, i know that the 100 film was manufactured here in México in the Queretaro's plant, and that make it a bit cheaper here, but there is no more fresh film like this in these countries?, or is being sold at high prices?
In a digital era, instant photos are pure and real instant memories

facono
Polaroid 20x24

Messagepar facono » mar. 29 janvier 2013 / 08:34 am

664 is sold out everywhere and not available in any place. I could add that you will get an hurry to use it because the results of this over-dated film are going down very quickly! That's it for every genuine Polaroid films. :(
Tarde venientibus ossa.

Nomad
Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1 Gold

Messagepar Nomad » mar. 29 janvier 2013 / 09:42 am

And the Fuji FP-100b (100 iso b&w like the Polaroid 664) is also discontinued by Fuji.

IvanMonsterKa
P.......

peel away film

Messagepar IvanMonsterKa » mar. 29 janvier 2013 / 21:38 pm

even here 664 is hard to find, but still affordable, not expensive not cheap.

fp-100b is more easy to find and cheap too.

I'm thinking about the importance of polaroid film, there is a real difference between shot a polaroid or a fuji or impossible? it's polaroid expired film better than fresh one? or it's just by the brand?

Here it's relatively easy to find instant film (polaroid or fuji) and more or less cheap, and we're not many fans of instant film, so we have more chanse to get polaroid packs and fp-100b too, but in Paris, you must be fighting for each pack you find. How much is the most you have paid for a polaroid film pack or a fuji fp-100b?

IvanMonsterKa
P.......

peel away film

Messagepar IvanMonsterKa » mar. 29 janvier 2013 / 21:40 pm

even here 664 is hard to find, but still affordable, not expensive not cheap.

fp-100b is more easy to find and cheap too.

I'm thinking about the importance of polaroid film, there is a real difference between shot a polaroid or a fuji or impossible? it's polaroid expired film better than fresh one? or it's just by the brand?

Here it's relatively easy to find instant film (polaroid or fuji) and more or less cheap, and we're not many fans of instant film, so we have more chanse to get polaroid packs and fp-100b too, but in Paris, you must be fighting for each pack you find. How much is the most you have paid for a polaroid film pack or a fuji fp-100b?

ulf
Fuji FP-1

Messagepar ulf » mar. 29 janvier 2013 / 21:51 pm

a friend of mine just came back from mexico. i should have told her. anyway...

it looks like you're thinking business here :)

that's your right, and if you have "fresh" and "cheap" film that you can sell around the world, you should do it before it's too late.

and if you decide to go on the "nice price" side, you should sell them on polaroid-passion instead of ebaie !

hard to say how much we or i or they spend on film. from my point of view, a fresh film (2009) of 664, 669 or whatever polaroid nr. it is shouldn't be sold more than 20-25€ including shipping costs.

i only pay that price when i am sure it is safe. and that is expensive enough.

and honestly, i don't spend any money on films i am not sure of. or, let's say, 5€. i'm a gambler sometimes :)

regarding the difference between the films, it's up to you and what you do with it. for my family pictures, fp-3000b and fp-100c are just fine. i need a good exposure, and prefer when i recognize that these are my daughters on the pictures... !

if i want to shot a scenery that is kind of not special at all - uninteresting - or worthless, i try to find an old but fine 669, and make a "nice-vintage-tell me about it" picture. it usually works.

b
Mr. CONNER: Wait a second, I was here first.
AL BUNDY: Yeah, yeah, so were the Indians.

A DONNER / ECHANGER:
pièces détachées pour pack 100

facono
Polaroid 20x24

Messagepar facono » mar. 29 janvier 2013 / 23:31 pm

ulf a écrit :if i want to shot a scenery that is kind of not special at all - uninteresting - or worthless, i try to find an old but fine 669, and make a "nice-vintage-tell me about it" picture. it usually works.

b

Ha ha ha! excellente, ta formule à propos du 669.
Tarde venientibus ossa.

IvanMonsterKa
P.......

Messagepar IvanMonsterKa » mer. 30 janvier 2013 / 07:06 am

ulf a écrit :it looks like you're thinking business here :)

Hehehe not really, I think that the shipping can be expensive and nocive to the film , but if somebody have family or friends on vacations here, they can buy film from a young lomo company in Mexico City named toronja (pamplemousse), they sell 600 type film under 25€, they sell nice cameras too, you can ask here http://toronja.mx.

about 664, is more easy find it in Guadalajara, by something near to 8€ in a store named "fotoRegis", they have a stock of 664 and sometimes emerges a 100 sepia or chocolate pack and they sell them by the same price.

About fp-100b (100c and 3000b too), many fuji stores in México city sell packs around 13€. So i think it could be a good idea buy here.

tripleZone
Po......

Messagepar tripleZone » ven. 01 février 2013 / 10:52 am

@ Ulf: If the scenery is - uninteresting or worthless -, you take an old - may be worthless as well ??? - 669 ? ?? ??? - Can't belief, it sounds like a sacrilege ... ;-)
-tripleZone-

ulf
Fuji FP-1

Messagepar ulf » ven. 01 février 2013 / 10:58 am

tripleZone a écrit :@ Ulf: If the scenery is - uninteresting or worthless -, you take an old - may be worthless as well ??? - 669 ? ?? ??? - Can't belief, it sounds like a sacrilege ... ;-)

well, i never said 669 was worthless, did i? just a way to make things look better. in french, we call this "sublimation" :)

and IvanMonsterKa, 8€ is cheap for a 664 pack, but for fuji, it is more expensive that what we can find here.

Mr. CONNER: Wait a second, I was here first.
AL BUNDY: Yeah, yeah, so were the Indians.

A DONNER / ECHANGER:
pièces détachées pour pack 100

Revenir vers « Questions about Polaroid® films »