Will the films like India?

Discussions on the Polaroid® and Fujifilm instant film: 600 film - SX 70 film - PX 100 and PX 600 - Image/Spectra, Type 100, Type 80, 4x5 Inch, 8x10 Inch, I-Zone, Instax ...
Capybaranne
P.......

Will the films like India?

Postby Capybaranne » Thu 07 March 2013 / 12:16 pm

Hey all,

As I said in my Intro, I am new to the forum and to the world of Polaroid, so forgive me if my question here is very basic and don’t roll your eyes (too much) please. :prier:

I am going to India end of this month for two weeks and would LOVE to kick-start my experience with the Polaroid there – but… temperatures will be between 30 and 40 degrees :arrg: … I will most probably not stay in the type of accommodation that has mini bars, so I am wondering how the films will react to this temperature for two weeks straight as I understood they should be kept in a cold place (I do know some things at least). :mrgreen:

What is your opinion? Anyone had the same experience? What was the result?

Oh and I have a 600 camera.

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Pola Abdul
Polar...
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

Postby Pola Abdul » Thu 07 March 2013 / 17:48 pm

Hello,
If you are talking about Impossible films, forget about it.
But if you have some old Polaroid 600, they will work perfectly.
:salute:

bimo
Polaroid 20x24

Postby bimo » Fri 08 March 2013 / 10:07 am

As I told you in your intro post, instant films prefer to get processed in subdued light and room temperature.
They also require to be stored in a cool and dry place. I don't know India, but I've heard many places are not really cool and dry.
Impossible sell a "dry age kit", that you can see here :
http://www.the-impossible-project.com/dryage

That may help the pics to be well kept out from humidity, in a plastic box for instance.

Capybaranne
P.......

Postby Capybaranne » Fri 08 March 2013 / 10:19 am

Thanks to both for your replies. Unfortunatelly I believe it will be both hot and humid there - and yes I have impossible films :triste:

But what happens actually when the films are exposed to hot and humid temperatures? Colors are weird? The picure is blurry? The film melts and causes a chemical reaction that sets out an ignition and blows up the camera? :arf: (hehe very dramatic I know). Just wondering...

Thanks!

Rincevent
Polaroid 110B Pathfinder

Postby Rincevent » Fri 08 March 2013 / 10:27 am

Take a look at this post http://blog.the-impossible-project.com/ ... ot-weather ... Perhaps, you will find answers or advices (i hope so)

Return to “Questions about Polaroid® films”