Trying to get a Polaroid OneStep to work!

Discussions on the Polaroid® and Fujifilm instant film: 600 film - SX 70 film - PX 100 and PX 600 - Image/Spectra, Type 100, Type 80, 4x5 Inch, 8x10 Inch, I-Zone, Instax ...
Zumester
P.......

Trying to get a Polaroid OneStep to work!

Messagepar Zumester » sam. 25 octobre 2014 / 22:32 pm

Hey, I just got a Polaroid OneStep land camera at a yardsale for 5 bucks! It was a great deal, but I'm worried it might not work D:

It has film in it, but this is my first time owning an old camera so I have no idea what I'm doing, honestly. The little box that tells me how many pictures I have left says "10", but when I opened up the inside and looked at the film, I only found one picture, undeveloped, the film a bronze color.

And when I press the button, nothing happens. I watched a tutorial on youtube that suggested that it should be working--with the film in and everything. Is it just because the film is old? I have no idea where the film came from, being that it was in there when I got the camera. Would changing the film help? Or is there a battery that I should have?

And this doesn't explain why the camera is saying I have 10 pictures yet when I'm pretty sure I don't.

Also, is using a flash bar going to make a big difference in picture quality? Is it something I should invest in?[/img]
~ Sickness and healing are in every heart, death and deliverance are in every hand ~ [Speaker for the Dead]

PeteD
P.......

Messagepar PeteD » sam. 01 novembre 2014 / 17:53 pm

More than like the batteries are dead. They are located in the film package/holder. If you look ath the bottom you will see two slits in the case with two shiny chrome looking objects at the end. this is the batteries.

The bronze looking photo is actually a negative. When you press the shutter button it allows the shutter to open and reflected light coming from the subject you are photographing is recorded on it as it is light sensitive material. By taking it out and exposing it to direct sunlight that photo is no longer any good.

As for the counter being on 10? More than likely someone pulled the film pack out and out it back in to check the camera at some time. The batteries had enough power to eject one of the slides and it also reset the camera to a full pack (10).

No worries, you can still get film on Ebay but be careful and try to get something from 2005 and newer as the inks tend to dry up after long periods of time.Also you do not know how the film was cared for. needs to be in a refrigerator if not going to be used for a while (unopened packs of film that is).

Best bet is to get a new pack of film from the Impossible project. These great people now produce film for these cameras. Not exactly the same but, as close as you can get. Just google them and you will find them. Also check them out on Youtube. They hasve the story of what the did and are doing on there as well as people who have tried their products.

jonrev
Pol.....

Messagepar jonrev » jeu. 18 décembre 2014 / 12:10 pm

PeteD a écrit :
No worries, you can still get film on Ebay but be careful and try to get something from 2005 and newer as the inks tend to dry up after long periods of time.Also you do not know how the film was cared for. needs to be in a refrigerator if not going to be used for a while (unopened packs of film that is).

Best bet is to get a new pack of film from the Impossible project...

Even 2008-expired stock is pushing it, now. Just go with Impossible; it's expensive but you'll get better results.

Revenir vers « Questions about Polaroid® films »