[Help me choose] Polaroid Land 1000 vs Polaroid One 600 Instant Gift Pack

Discussions on other Polaroid® : I-Zone, Joycam, Popshots, unusual ...
Tincho
Po......
Flickr : martincaballero
Voir la galerie photo de ce membre

[Help me choose] Polaroid Land 1000 vs Polaroid One 600 Instant Gift Pack

Messagepar Tincho » lun. 29 janvier 2018 / 14:06 pm

Hi everyone.

I want to buy an analog Polaroid instant camera for the first time, and I can't decide between the Polaroid One 600 and the Polaroid Land 1000. Which one is better? Which film type is better, 600 or SX-70? Sorry if these questions seem stupid to you, but I have no experience with instant photography at all.

My reasons to choose these models:

Polaroid Land 1000:
  • Retro looks
  • Nice color combination
  • OMG IT HAS A RAINBOW! I LOVE RAINBOWS! :P

Polaroid One 600 Instant Gift Pack
  • Built-in flash
  • Foldable design makes it look cool.
  • LCD display.

Which one is more durable and which film is better? Do both models have a tripod mount?

Thanks in advance :)
Dernière édition par Tincho le mer. 07 février 2018 / 12:43 pm, édité 1 fois.
"Stairway to Heaven, labyrinth to heart"
GAYPWR

polaroiddioralop
Po......

Messagepar polaroiddioralop » lun. 29 janvier 2018 / 18:02 pm

Hi,
Have you considered the Polaroid 635 CL ?
With is you can have the rainbow, a retro look and also 600 films ;)

For the film, almost all special editions are on 600 film so if you want to use them, I recommend you to get a camera that support them directly (easier to handle than using ND filters)

Regards,
Polaroiddioralop

Tincho
Po......

Messagepar Tincho » mar. 30 janvier 2018 / 12:54 pm

polaroiddioralop a écrit :Hi,
Have you considered the Polaroid 635 CL ?
With is you can have the rainbow, a retro look and also 600 films ;)

For the film, almost all special editions are on 600 film so if you want to use them, I recommend you to get a camera that support them directly (easier to handle than using ND filters)

Regards,
Polaroiddioralop

Hey, thanks for the advice! I'm new to this so there are models that I don't know well. So I looked it up, and the Supercolor 635 CL looks amazing!

I have no special preference (I'm still learning) but from the technical specs for SX-70 and 600 (comparing two current color films) it seems that 600 is better for low light photography due to higher ISO speed, right?

About the rainbow... I was just half-kidding. Not that not having it is a deal breaker or something, but on vintage machines like the Polaroids or the ZX Spectrum it emphazises the vintage looks. And... who doesn't like rainbows? :D
GAYPWR

polaroiddioralop
Po......

Messagepar polaroiddioralop » mer. 31 janvier 2018 / 21:06 pm

Tincho a écrit :Hey, thanks for the advice! I'm new to this so there are models that I don't know well. So I looked it up, and the Supercolor 635 CL looks amazing!

I have no special preference (I'm still learning) but from the technical specs for SX-70 and 600 (comparing two current color films) it seems that 600 is better for low light photography due to higher ISO speed, right?

About the rainbow... I was just half-kidding. Not that not having it is a deal breaker or something, but on vintage machines like the Polaroids or the ZX Spectrum it emphazises the vintage looks. And... who doesn't like rainbows? :D

You are right, 600 film has an higher sensitivity and therefore is a little bit better in low light. Why just a little bit ? Simply because all polaroid films love light

Of course I like rainbows :lol: Happy you like the Supercolor 635 CL, it's the one I had immediately in mind when you described your "perfect" camera. So now you must find one ;) But be carefull you start with this and you end with a lot of folding cameras... That's what happen when we love polas :)

Tincho
Po......

Messagepar Tincho » ven. 02 février 2018 / 16:38 pm

Hi, polaroiddioralop. Thanks to your great advice I've purchased a Supercolor 635 CL with box and manual for 500 pesos (around 25 US Dollars) (scroll down past the Similar Products list to see images of the camera). The camera and a couple of 600 color film packs (around 32 US dollars each) will arrive in a few days.

This is my first instant camera ever (seriously!) so I'll need lots of advices and help. Is there an absolutely-new-to-instant-photography guide so I don't have the need to annoy everyone with stupid questions?

Thanks again!
GAYPWR

Tincho
Po......

Messagepar Tincho » mer. 07 février 2018 / 12:43 pm

Yesterday I went to the post office to receive the package. The camera has box, two manuals (English and Spanish), warranty card and the documentation bag. It even had the original receipt from 1993! I would show it here but the board says my upload quota has been reached (even if the image is only 150 kb and haven't uploaded anything else yet)

I haven't received the film yet (I bought it from another seller) so I didn't test it. Hope it works!
GAYPWR

polaroiddioralop
Po......

Messagepar polaroiddioralop » jeu. 15 février 2018 / 20:08 pm

Hi, sorry for the late answer... Was really busy.

So it's great you received your camera. Hope you will enjoy it ! So to upload pictures, you can use an image hosting services like this one :https://www.noelshack.com/
Then simply include the link in the Img tag ;)

For the film, two basic things to know:
- Shoot in a environnement with light, they need good lightning to have a good exposure
- Avoid direct sun in early development. Even if last generation (polaroid originals) films are less sensible to this, it's a simple recommendation that can avoid to ruin some pics...

Revenir vers « Other Polaroid® »